Trinity Episcopal Church in the Central West End has been listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior. The church is recognized as the first Missouri site for notable LGBTQIA+ history. It is the first Episcopal church in the country to be so honored. Trinity Church is recognized in particular for the years 1969 to 1993, which include its early support of gay rights, its embrace of LGBTQIA+ parishioners and community members, and its compassionate response to the first local AIDS patients in the 1980s. Founded in downtown St. Louis in 1855, Trinity Church has stood at the corner of Euclid and Washington since 1935.